Jewel Pet 23: Downward Spiral
1. First thing that happens is you misbehave. For example, you wet your bed and tell everyone in school that your Jeweler friend did it. Then you add insult to injury by not being satisfied with your own slice, eating 85% of hers and leaving a tiny sliver hoping she won’t notice.
2. But of course, she’s bound to notice. Isn’t it obvious she’s going to get hopping mad? I mean, first wetting the bed and then this?? Apologize, apologize right now, before things escalates and you end up down an escalator called the Downward Spiral.
3. You’ll run away from home. This is cool in songs and movies, but you’ll soon find out it’s not all the fun and games Hollywood would have you believe.
4. Now you need to get a job. Jobs require skills, and bedwetting or cake eating aren’t usually included. Might as well put on a bright face and work vigorously but remember: that very impetuousness might lead to carelessness and a lot of broken dishes on the floor.
5. So, you’ve lost your job and you can’t go home because you still won’t apologize. It’s time to turn to a life of crime. After all, Capone dropped out of school when he was 14, and Lucky Luciano’s face was already rough at the age of 10 [smallpox] so why can’t you be a criminal?
6. Reflect. Ponder. Consider. Then go back to your friend and apologize. You won’t regret it.