Anime Blogger Interrogation Game
Since it was NewAnime Thursday that tagged me for this, I think it’s appropriate to respond on a Thursday. Here are the rules:
- Each person is supposed to follow the rule of fives.You are allowed to ask 5 questions, after which you can tag up to 5 bloggers by hyper-linking to their blog; 5 questions because it’s not too many to flood another blogger and occupy too much of his/her time, but yet a large enough number to ask your most important questions, and 5 bloggers to avoid spamming. Hence, prioritize your questions, and who you wish to ask!
- Those tagged are obliged to answer the questions in a blog post, and after which, they are entitled to create their own 5 questions and tag 5 other bloggers, so on and so fourth. You are allowed to tag the person that tagged you in the first place. Also, copy and paste this section on your blog so others can understand how the game goes.
- In the case where a blogger strongly refuses to answer a question, he/she must instead post a nice anime image, wallpaper or cosplay picture, et cetera in response to that question.
- To make things interesting, a blogger can include wildcards in his/her 5 questions by placing an asterisk, (*), after which those tagged are obliged to reveal something interesting about themselves that others did not previously know. There is no limit to the number of asterisks one can place (which means there can be up to 5 wildcard questions).
- Anyone can feel free to start the game; you don’t necessarily need someone to tag you. Just create your 5 questions and tag your 5 people of choice. However, the catch is that you must answer your own 5 questions as well.
- To potentially prevent an endless game, this round of games will end on the 8th September 2012, 12pm JST (GMT +9). After which, no more bloggers can tag others to answer their questions.
Here are BeldenOtaku‘s questions and my answers:
1. Do you consider any single series unwatchable?
The answer is no, I don’t consider any single series unwatchable, I consider most of them unwatchable 😉 I’d rather miss 5 awesome series than sit through a horrible one, so I tend to be rather paranoid in my choices. Yes, I know this sounds stupid.
2. Is there a single series that spring-boarded you, per se, into a wider obsession with anime?
Maybe Neon Genesis Evangelion. After watching that, I remember being obsessed with watching stuff that was as good. It’s been a tough journey but there are definitely such shows around.
3. Name an anime/manga character (from any series) that most closely matches you in appearance (or in personality, if you want).
There are no anime characters that look like me, simply because all anime characters either look like a) super gorgeous fantasy Westerners or b) Japanese people, and I resemble neither. As I grow older, however, I do more and more resemble one of the infamous potato people from Leiji Matsumoto anime (e.g. Dr. Sado in Space Battleship Yamato, but with not-so-squinty eyes).
4. When you read other bloggers’ posts about a series you are also watching, if they post about an episode you have yet to see, do you read it, or do you avoid it until you’ve written your own post about it?
Here’s my process. Step one: watch show; step two: read what the blogs say; step three: write my own post on it.
5. If you could be present at any point on the Earth, at any point in time, when and where would you go? Explain.
Given a completely open choice, I’d want to go back in time and join Alcibiades‘ posse back in Greece. Hanging out with Socrates, switching allegiances between Athens, Sparta and Persia, defacing statues and desecrating rites (allegedly), partying like it’s 399 BC…I don’t think it’ll ever get better than that. If we restrict it to Japanese history, then I would like to witness the Battle of Dannoura in 1185, embedded on the Taira side for full tragic effect.
Here are my five questions:
1. DREAM: You go to the bathroom and hear the sound of water. You open the door and to your utter amazement __________ is using your shower and smiling at you. [Fill in the blank with an anime character of your choice]
2. NIGHTMARE: You go to the bathroom and hear the sound of water. You open the door and to your utter amazement __________ is using your shower and smiling at you. [Fill in the blank with an anime character of your choice]
3. Why do anime characters have such big eyes?
4. What anime series, if mentioned in a conversation as “a good show” or “a fun show” or “actually OK” or “not that bad”, will most likely make you throw up because of the horrible taste the person speaking evidently has?
5. Does watching anime in the nude enhance your viewing experience in any way? How so? Explain in detail and/or with pictures.
Now I tag the following people:
ayame of The Beautiful World
digibro of My Sword is Unbelievably Dull
ghostlightning of We Remember Love
kluxorius of conspicuous klux