Macross Frontier 12: Thoughts
1. So are the green-skinned dudes and the dudes that look like giant Altos all Zentraedi? I was kinda confused by this, though ultimately I assumed they were all the same race.
2. I know there’s no way that this is going to turn out to be true, but everytime I look at that squiggly critter that Ranka picked up my brain screams “Vajra baby!! Kill it! Burn it! Quarter it!” etc.
3. Wouldn’t it be really interesting if Michel rather than Alto were the protagonist of the show? It would mean a whole different kind of challenge for Ranka and Sheryl…
4. It strikes me that the Deculture thing can be used to model American neo-con views on the Middle East. Give them democracy, Coke and pop concerts and they’ll hang up their arms, forget their petty squabbles and just dance. Middle Easterners are Zentraedi in this view.
5. Well, Ranka certainly rankles Sheryl. I don’t see that they have much love for each other at all. Ranka is totally focused on Alto’s well-being and sees absolutely no problem in leaving the sick Sheryl behind (I guess it’s payback after all). Alto at least has a pang of conscience but ultimately for him the choice is between sitting by a sickbed or hopping on his variable fighter (in a planet with atmosphere..woohoo!). The choice is really no choice at all for him!