400th Post: Advice for New Readers
It stands to reason that once a blogger has published 400+ posts he won’t exactly be proud of a number of them (I reckon not even Baka-Raptor is proud of all of his posts). But how are you, the unsuspecting new reader of this blog, going to avoid the bad apples? Allow me to give you some guidelines for better browsing.
As you go through my blog posts, I advise you to avoid the following:
1. Posts with Academic-sounding Titles featuring Fancy Words or Words that Smack of having been Made Up. Examples are:
Get the picture? Great!
2. Posts with downright WTF Titles. Some examples would be:
There are lots of these. Tread with care.
3. Posts with Horrible Puns in the Title. For example:
If you don’t get these puns, count yourself lucky and briskly walk away.
4. Posts with Titles in Languages I do not Actually Speak. These include German:
(Notice the blog name is in German too…I don’t speak a bit of German.) Also, French:
Alas, often enough this wanton use of foreign languages is in the body of the post itself, and not so easily avoided 😦
5. Posts which begin with Long Clarifications:
or even Apologies:
6. Posts in which I Celebrate Birthdays of People who have Little or Nothing to Do with Manga and Anime, as Much as I might Desperately attempt to Link them Together Somehow. Examples include:
Now you know! Also, you might want to keep an eye on the comment counts. If a post has zero comments, there’s likely a very good reason. Now that you’ve been warned, ENJOY!